Sunday 8 February 2009

A beginning...

Hello, and welcome to the Decadence in Berlin blog. We probably won't write here much because we don't really know what to say. However there is a chance we may.

I've got a new toy, namely a MicroKorg synthesiser which I'm going to start writing new material with. It makes sounds like space and dying robots and is pretty much the most fun you can have with two hands apart from many other things which I won't mention here out of common decency. This will probably replace the ancient Casiotone keyboard that I've been using, although for the recording of 'I Am a Camera' I shall probably stick to the Casio, just because I wrote it on that poor old thing. Anyway, here's a little photo of the glorious noise machine.

Ah yes, recording. It looks like we may be doing that very soon, maybe next week. We hope to record a halfdozen tracks for an EP which we've tentively titled 'Setbacks'. But I'll write more about that in the future. Before then we've got a couple of gigs: tomorrow night (Monday 9th Feb) we are playing at Rasputin's in Wellington as part of the ScallyWags clubnight. We shall be playing with Inertia, the recently reformed PennyFamous, and the reworked Nylon Shark. On Wednesday night (11th) we will be down the road at The Haygate, Wellington, this time with Ricochet, Someone Else and Nylon Shark.

Last weeks Battle of the Bands at Wolverhampton went relitively well, with us coming second in our heat, and whilst this means we didn't get through into the second round we can still get into the final at the Civic Hall if we get enough people to get over to http://botb1.wolvescivic.co.uk/ and vote for us (HINT! HINT! HINT!). It doesn't take long and we will love you lots if you do spend a couple of minutes helping us out!

That's all I can think of at the moment, so I shall leave you with a nice photo of us looking rather spiffing after hearing we came second last Wednesday.

Warm emotions,
Graham x

No comments: